Sunday, February 22, 2015

Progress! Blog Post #8



    The past few weeks i think may have been the best weeks this year in regards to my project. I am so incredibly happy with the progress I have been making. So here's the low down:

    I have been intensely training of my 8k coming up in 3 weeks (March 14th). Now that is 5 miles. Some may think that is just a simple run, but this 5 mules is about to be a milestone in my athletics. I have never been a runner but slowly and surely I am becoming a runner. Over break I gave increased my distance of running straight without stop by 2 miles! So far I am at 3.5 miles running straight. But as many know running on the treadmill is much easier...so today I moved outside. I ran the 3.5 miles outside! The next two days I am going to run 3.5 miles, but then I am going to move to 4. And I will go up from there until the big day. I love the progress that is being made.

   NEXT, my eating habits are becoming better and better! Sometimes it is hard to resist those little treats, but every once in a  while that is okay.

 Here is a common smoothie I will make as either a snack, after workout drink, or breakfast: (contains banana, strawberries (optional), spinach/kale, milk, chocolate  protein powder and a tiny scoop of peanut butter for extra flavor)

This is the usual every day lunch: (Chicken, rice, broccoli)

   Now in regards to weight lifting, the past week I have stepped back a little from it because this 8k is way higher on the list of importance. Once I have completed the 8k I am going to get right back into weight lifting again, but for now I am going to step back a little. I will still lift a little, but I have to devote my time to running.
   Everything is going extremely well at the moment though! I do have to say though I am really excited for the summer for when I will have even more time to devote my time to my health and fitness. This isn't ending at the end of the school year, it's a life long deal!


                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment